Articles of association
The Articles of Association are an essential document when setting up a company, as they define the company’s rules of governance and its organisation.
The Articles of Association available on this website (in French given the applicable laws) have been prepared on the basis of the following assumptions:
- A “Société par actions simplifiée” (SAS, or a simplified joint-stock company) with fixed capital
- Articles of Association that can be used for a simple shareholder structure, or for incorporating a company
- Contributions paid up in full at the time of incorporation
- Issuance of ordinary shares (common stock equivalent)
- Governance: Chairman, CEO, no board of directors or other management committee, ad nutum dismissal of managers
- No provisions limiting the powers of management
- No restrictions on the free transferability of shares (inalienability, assent, etc.)
- Simple quorum/majority rules identical for all collective decisions
- No exclusion clause
- Duration: 99 years
Click here to find out the different steps to follow to register your company.
The templates must be used with the appropriate precautions applicable to the use of pre-drafted documents, particularly considering that assumptions and choices were made when drafting these templates.
Although a certain number of brackets, comments and/or footnotes have been included to highlight these assumptions and choices, as well as their impact on the document, they cannot be construed as exhaustive and as covering all further amendments to be made to the document in the event certain clauses were to be modified.
Therefore please pay particular attention to the footnotes and specific comments when using this template.